Dr. Paramjeet Singh is the Senior Consultant Neuropsychiatrist at Delhi Mind Clinic. A young and enterprising Doctor, Psychiatry is his passion.
Dr. Paramjeet Singh did his MBBS from the prestigious MAMC (Maulana Azad Medical College – Delhi) and MD, Psychiatry at IHBAS (Institute Of Human Behavior & Allied Science), Dilshad Garden, the only government neuropsychiatric super-specialization hospital in entire Delhi. As an Assistant Professor in Psychiatry at IHBAS, he dealt with patients with severe mental illnesses like Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Addiction Disorder, etc. which are his area of expertise.
He joined Delhi Mind Clinic in 2017 with the aim to provide quality medical care to all patients with severe mental illness. He has many publications in medical journals and books in his name and is frequently invited for delivering lectures and conducting workshops in various organizations, news channels, schools, and offices.
Exp & Education
2010 – 2017
SR & ASST PROF (IHBAS)
Having organized multiple mental health camps on world mental health day each year has ingrained him with a strong skill of establishing rapport and instilling confidence in personal interactions even with the most difficult patients. Teaching postgraduate medical students, nursing cadets and psychology interns, the fine nuances of psychiatry for over 12 years, make him an expert in his field. An excellent example of a harmonious blend of traditional and contemporary outlook, his methods of practicing Psychiatry reflect his warm, genuine and empathic personality along with a firm yet polite approach towards his patients.
His post-graduate training at the much sought after premier neuropsychiatric hospital; IHBAS (Institute Of Human Behavior & Allied Sciences) provided him with a vast knowledge of severe mental illness like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and substance addiction. Chronic and disabling neurotic disorders like depression and anxiety along with neuropsychiatric disorders of dementia and parkinsonism are his area of expertise.
A graduate from the renowned Maulana Azad Medical College, Lok Nayak Hospital and Gobind Ballabh Bhai Pant Institute of medical education and research, he was deeply affected by the psychological and emotional distress of patients suffering from various medical and surgical illnesses. This motivated him to choose Psychiatry as his subject of interest in providing health care to society at large.
- 2009 -
TYSA – Torrent Young scholar Award
- 2009 -
Chief Senior resident at IHBAS
- 2009 -
Appreciation Award as Assistant Professor
1. Senior Consultant Neuropsychaitrist Delhi Mind Clinic
2. senior Consultant Psychiatrist - Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute (PSRI)
3. Remedial Foundation -Mental health Consultant
4. Member of Academic Committee of Delhi Psychiatric Society
5. Fellow Indian Psychiatric Society
6. Member Iandian Association of Private Psychaitry
1. Institute of Human Behavior and Allied Sciences
- Senior Resident, Locum Consultant, and Assistant Professor
2. Rockland Hospital - senior Consultant Psychiatrist
3. Tirath Ram shah hospital and Charitable trust- Consultant Psychiatrist
1. Recommendations and management Algorithms for Management of Depression: NGDesai, R Kumar, SK Gupta, P Singh:
2. Demystifying Depression: Complete Spectrum -ECAB, 2014: 54-67 Approach to diagnosis and Assessment of a case of Depression: NG Desai, V Singh, PSingh, SK Gupta
3. Abhivyakti- Collection of Poetry in Mental health